New Kitchen

Here we go . . . . on our way to upgrading our kitchen and other family and life experiences!!



Friday, March 25, 2011

Running, running, gone!! Cami's trail race experience

I ran my first trail race this past Sat., the Diablo Trails Challenge.  I did the 10k, up hills in the mud, rain, and through knee deep streams.  It was awesome and challenging.  I fell twice, slipping from the heavy mud.  It felt like running in sand as I never got real good footing.  Hopping down the hills was fun and hard as I had torked my body in ways I never thought was possible to avoid falling.  My good friend joined me and now our goal is to run a 1/2 marathon next year.  Here's the link of the race to show how muddy it was!  www.brazenracing.com/diablo.html
I've always enjoyed running all my life, did a few short course triathlons in college, and then I had kids.  Now, ten years later, I've managed to run and maintain my interest and ability to now join in some fun races.
The weekend of Sept. 17, 2011, I will participate in the Ragnar Relay 24 hour race from SF to Napa Valley.
You can check out this race at http://www.ragnarrelay.com/.  I'm one of 6 women and there are 6 men on our team of 12.  We will each run three different legs of this race until 24 hours is up and we reached the finishline.  It's going to be on heck of an experience!  Let the training begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment